Sunday, August 17, 2008

My First Sunday, by Max

Hi everybody. This is Max. I wanted to tell you how rough my first day at church was. It started out all right. I loved my littled ducky outfit that one of Mommy's neighbors gave me.


But then I got a little bit nervous about being adored and passed around by all those
people at church. Just the thought of it made me a bit queasy...so I threw up.

Really I had no reason to be nervous. Everyone at church said I looked adorable. And they all talked about how Mommy didn't look like she had just brought me here 2 weeks ago.

I didn't like Sunday School too much. I fussed my way out of that meeting and got myself into the much more comfy mother's lounge. My mom was so good at making me comfortable that I relaxed a little bit too much and spit up down her shirt and tinkled through my diaper, through the blanket, and down Mommy's skirt.

(picture not available)

Mommy and I left church right away and for some reason when we got home, Mommy wasn't anxious to put new clothes on me. So I just chilled in my stylish garbage collectors.

But I soon found a softer blanket and I decided to take a nap.


I love my naps. They make me happy. I have happy dreams.



In fact, sleeping time is some of my best thinking time.


Maybe I should think about how to behave better next Sunday.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

What a cutie! Sounds like you had some pretty fun adventures on Sunday. Church will never be the same. . . but it's a good thing.

JRome said...

Great experience Max!

ohana=)mama said...

Tell Sarah.... no fair she's as tiny as ever right after having a baby and also I would have really liked to have seen the picture that was "not shown" you know for a bit of a laugh.

Let me just tell you that it just gets better and better.... soon you won't even relize there is a speaker anymore because you'll be spending a great deal of you time in the hall or making sure Max isn't too noisy, or getting drinks, changing gargage collectors, socializing with all the other parents of young children in the hall..... and the list goes on..

I'd have to second Andrea that Church will never be the same but it will also not be boring.... ever again! It will be challenging. = ). Good Luck and enjoy!

-Raschel

CamilleJohnFam said...

Church is always more exciting with a little one! Gone are the days of listening to the lessons!