Sunday, August 10, 2008

Max at 1 week

Here is some video of Max. It's amazing how much you long a little newborn can hold your attention. Sometimes we will lay next to him and just look at him as he makes countless facial expressions in his sleep, which range from looking like he's in excruciating pain from a circumcision to smiling as if he's in a warm uterus. Do you think babies dream? If so, did they dream in utero? If so, where do they get the ideas of which they dream because they have yet to process any visual pictures? Do their dreams then consist only of sounds that they've heard before? I guess these are pointless questions, but ones that we've thought about over the last week.

Max has decided that he likes to sleep all throughout the day and have little interaction with his parents. However, he does like to wake up from 10pm-2am and doesn't seem to understand that we want as little interaction with him at that point as possible.

He is a cutie, though. It's amazing how fast the bonds start to build between parent and child.

5 comments:

ohana=)mama said...

I think they still remember Heaven. My children always recognized a picture of Jesus and smiled long before I could tell them who it might be. I have had many other experiences that lead me to belive that they still know....

ohana=)mama said...

I remember countless night sitting infront of he Christmas tree at 4am, 1st with Keilani and then again with Jimmy (although blurry) I just loved that time when it was just me the quiet house and my baby. Just soak it in, soak it in... they grow so fast and you will miss the 2am time!

The Snavelys said...

Congratulations! He is soooo beautiful! I hope we a chance to see him in person! :)

Abby said...

What a doll! I have not thought of those things before..I am sure those and other questions will be on my mind in a week or so when our little guy decides to come!! Congrats again. Keep posting. I always check up on you guys!!

Misti Lee said...

Nice pictures and nice video. He looks like a good mix of the two of you