Saturday, September 6, 2008

On the Links

It's too bad that my parents didn't start giving me golf lessons when I was 2 years old because for sure I would have ended up like Tiger due to my insanely uncanny abilities. Um..yeah!?! Actually, I don't think there are any golf skills in my genes.

The OSU golf course was rated the #1 collegiate golf course in America, so Dad and I thought we'd give it a try. Since I'm a student I got to golf for only $18 on a course that was definitely the most groomed and scenic that either of us had ever played.

Our favorite hole was #10 where we both had memorable shots, and serendipitously it was the only hole where we took out the camera. We were kind of nervous hitting off the tee and having to make it over the lake because both of us had skipped many previous shots, the kind that rocket off at 100+mph about 3 inches above the ground.

Dad shot first. I tried to take the picture mid stroke, but because of the camera's delay I was late. But it turned out to be a good thing. Circled in red is the area that I have enlarged for your viewing pleasure. Yes, Dad nailed that poor duck. It squawked and flapped its wings, perhaps grateful that he didn't die yet annoyed that we hadn't called 'fore.'

Determined not to lose my ball in the lake like Dad, I swung as hard as I could. Unfortunately, I hit one of those skipper shots, but fortunately this one skipped through the water and up onto the fairway.

It was a time of good laughs and light sunburns. Oh, what a sport.

6 comments:

ohana=)mama said...

That's the most comic round of golf I've ever been told

ohana=)mama said...

I think your luckiest shot was the one you took with your camera right before that golf ball hit the duck! Now that's lucky!

Claudia T said...

Congratulations on your little one! We didn't even know you were parents!...I thinkt your blog is so entertaining to read...let's hope we can keep in touch now...
Hope you guys are well!
The Taylors

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

What a funny story! I would never have believed it if the picture didn't prove it. Nice job!

Sarah, do you golf? Maybe one of these days, we should go mini-golfing for a double date.

JRome said...

So, practicing for when you finally start your own practice eh?

I hear that golf is a doctor's sport.