Friday, September 26, 2008

Tractor Pull

Sarah and I decided that we had one more activity to do before completing the middle America trifecta of hick motor sports. We had already been to the demolition derby and the monster truck rally, so all that was left was the tractor pull.

It was actually a bit louder than we anticipated. Max cried with the very first race. Max's parents were even plugging their ears because it hurt so bad. Sarah took the baby to the back of the bleachers, but the sound was still too loud, so she walked outside the venue for most of the runs.

I didn't know what to expect before coming. When I thought of a tractor pull, I envisioned a competition of local boys pulling a rope tied onto a tractor and seeing which group could pull it the farthest. Boy, was I wrong. The tractor isn't even pulled, but is the pullER. I guess it shows we're city folk.

2 comments:

Stacey, Allyn and Kaleb said...

Not as excited about the tractor pull as I am about your cute Max! I am loving babies and Max is too cute too! Hope you are both doing great!

ohana=)mama said...

Wow I think if you don't have a little hick in you already you will after watching the tractor pull.