Friday, March 7, 2008

The Polls are Closed


Well, I guess the polls are not technically closed, but it's kind of futile now to vote for a girl because...it's a boy! I know this news might disappoint the grandparents who don't have a girl grandbaby to spoil yet, but hey, I'm stoked as I think about the upcoming ballgames, the fishing trips, the donut outings, and the wrestling matches that'll happen once he can climb up the couches and jump off to deliver the body slam. I'm thinking already about how I'll train him on his balance, poking him on the shoulders as he begins to walk at 12 months. Only by stumbling will he champion his equilibrium and prove to be The Rock that I know my boy will be. Yes, this is great news. Sarah is excited too because she thinks that by having a boy maybe I'll release all of my rough housing energy on the offspring instead of her. We'll see how that works out.

I got to the OB's office a little late today. I got away from the hospital a little later than expected and started driving home on snowy roads to the OB office. It's kind of funny how all of Ohio hits the panic button with just a couple of inches of snow and starts to shut down. The OB's office even called Sarah to let her know that they were moving her appointment up an hour to 2:00 or else they would have to postpone her visit until next week because the roads were so bad. Good grief. I wish the city council could move to Utah, or Michigan, or Minnesota where people experience "feet" of snow before schools and cities shut down. It's kind of annoying actually. But anyway, I arrived after the OB had already started his evaluation. I got there after they had used the ultrasound to rule out any cleft lips or palates, increased nuchal rigidity (a sign of Down Syndrome), or extra digits. I DID get there in time to see the baby's beautiful cerebrum, aortic arch, and the extra little extension coming off between the two legs. Yeah.

Somehow everyone thinks Jimmy LeRoy is a joke. I personally think it's quite noble to name your child after his two grandfathers. And the name kind of rolls off the tongue. We'll have to see if we can get a few more pollsters to come away in favor of it. I think our plan will be for me to have one vote, Sarah to have another, and give the last vote to the public. Come on, I'm trusting you guys.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! this is exciting news!! we are looking into adoption..hopefully some hispanic brother and sisters because i need to catch up with our friends

We love you!

See my websites

soniathomas.com
spanishwaves.com

JRome said...

Wow. You know Sonia? Small world.

Hey, I didn't see the coolest name ever on your poll. What's up with that?

Since I didn't see the coolest name ever that trickles down the tongue ever so elegantly... I decided to vote for Talmage.

I'll pass this on to the gang...

JRome said...

I didn't forget-- Congratulations!! and it's good to hear from you guys.

I just hit the enter key sooner than I'd like.

Anonymous said...

congrats you guys!! That is so awesome. We just had a baby boy. He is 8 weeks. I considered Maxwell myself, but we ended up naming him Oliver. Maxwell is strong. I also like Talmage. both names seem strangely familiar. Good to hear from you.

PS. My throat hurts. Any suggestions?

hernandez said...

Super cool news guys! We wish you all the very best and hope that your baby boy is healthy and happy!

-Lynaya and Andrew Hernandez

Misti Lee said...

Congratulations! I can only imagine the smile on Ryans face when he learned it was a boy. I smell trouble. Giod thing you have a few months to prepare Sarah.

Mbeth said...

hey congrats that is so exciting! Have fun pushing him over.

mike says, hey, this is great. someday he can play the piano at one of our kid's wedding. (no this is not an announcement) :)

btw, we too are a-bloggin' (thepentaverit.blogspot.com)

Brittany said...

Another boy...come on now, we need more girls. Although, I guess that means that my little stinker will continue to be spoiled as the only female great-granddaughter!!! We've got to do dinner to celebrate.

Nonie said...

Congratulations Ryan and Sarah!! What a great time, huh. Keenan and I will find out the nature of our little one in just a few days... Wishing all three of you the best!

Nonie

Anonymous said...

congrats ryan!! long time no hear. how alike we are my friend. my wife is pregnant as well and just had her ultrasound on monday and had the same little extension between his legs. i was hoping for a boy. anyway, im also headed into ENT. crazy world with so many similarities. anyway, great too hear from you and the best of luck with everything coming up in the near future.

Dave Carlson (your philippines buddy)

Bradbury Bunch said...

Ryan, congrats! I see you've clearly missed nothing by not being in Philadelphia. Glad to see so much good is going your way. Congrats on getting married, too, by the way. Anywho . . . Match Day is March 20 and I'm heading into radiology. 4th year was perfect timing for us to have a baby. You guys must be due around August/September - our baby, Alexa, was born September 9 last year. I'll make sure Nickie sees your blog, since she loves this stuff.

-Nick Bradbury
thebradburys.blogspot.com

Erin said...

Congratulations on the little one!Also welcome to the blogging world. It will be a fun way to keep in touch.

~*Erin

www.thelangfordplace.com
www.erinlangford.com

Anonymous said...

Ryan,

I know that the polls are closed but I am sending in my absentee ballot. I am also sending in a ballot for all of my family. Throw 7 votes in for Jimmy LeRoy. If that doens't shift the poles nothing will!

Chad and his Griffiths relations

ohana=)mama said...

I vote Jimmy it's a personal favorite! = )