Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Frantic Update

Dear Friends and Family,



Since it has been a while since we've updated anyone on the ongoings of our life, so here's some bulleted events since our last post.

1)Ryan, as of July 1, finished his general surgery intern year and now he's on to ENT, which is the love of his life (apart from his wife :) )

2)We bought a new computer, a Dell Latitude with a sweet i7 processor and 500GB of memory.

3)Max has grown up so big. Today was his birthday. He was excited to get a white shirt and tie ("just like Daddy"), a basketball hoop, and some new trains for his train set.

4)Sarah has been busy gardening all summer long. She is distraught that the zucchini and yellow squash plants are absolutely huge yet have produced next to nothing.

5)Sarah is 4 days away from being induced with baby Calvin. Her induction time was initially scheduled for 8:30 but they called back and said we should show up at 4:00am. Are they kidding? How absurd to make a pregnant lady, on the eve of travailing unlike anything else she's ever done, not get a good night sleep!



Here are some videos of Max.



7 comments:

Andrea said...

Sarah,
I'm so glad to get an update! 4 days! So exciting! I agree, 4 am is not mother-friendly!
Good luck! Can't wait to see future pictures.
Max is adorable!

Anne said...

Ouch, 4am is brutal. Have Ryan get up and call the hospital to check if they're really going to be ready for you then before he wakes you up, Sarah. My thought is that while 4am is bad, being on time for a 4am induction only to wait another hour or two is even worse!

I hope everything goes smoothly and the baby arrives healthy and well.

What a cute idea to give Max a shirt and tie for his birthday! I'm sure he feels so grown up.

Congrats to Ryan on starting what you REALLY want to do. At Scott's welcome dinner for residency the "spiritual leader" offered a prayer and specifically prayed that those doing transitional year who are "just anxious to be done with it already" will actually find their time spent at the hospital beneficial. Scott and I both tried to stifle a laugh. :)

Brittany said...

It's about time!!!! Just kidding, but not really~Understandably busy with a million other things. Congrats on everything--good luck--and can't wait for the pictures of the new addition.

Lyndi said...

Oh my gosh I'm cracking up and the videos. LOVE them!! Max is such a cute little guy. I'm happy for the update and happy my mom hooked me up with a link to your blog.
When Isaac asked what schools to look into I said Memphis-just cuz you're there :) but we don't really know if we're going to do the more school thing yet.
Love You
Excited for Calvin to come!!

Alisha said...

Oh My GOODNESS!!! Your little Max is ADORABLE!! I LOVED the "Shake Your Bootie" video...you've got a little singer there! Congrats on Baby Calvin. He's a cutie! I hope you guys are well!

Kelli said...

This boy is my absolute favorite! i crack up every time i see these videos.. even though I've watched them at least 15 times each. come home to me!
love you guys!

PRC said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/kartu-kredit-limit-besar-terbaik