Wednesday, June 17, 2009

House Updates

It's been a while since we last updated the blog. We've been busy with family trips, graduation, moving to Tennessee, and fixing up the house. We thought we'd give a few updates on how the house is coming. Here she is: our little house on Sandywood Ln.


We bought the house for its structural solidarity and not for its curb-appealing cleanliness. Mom Meacham helped us clean every nook and corner.


The two spacious walk-in closets are the advantages of the master bathroom. The horrendous wallpaper is not, at least judging by the actions of Dad Meacham.


Sarah is using joint compound to fill the defects left behind by the wallpaper and she will try to add her artistic touch to bring the master bathroom to life.


Ryan and Dad Jeffery throw on a fresh coat of paint to the door connecting the kitchen and the garage.


Even Max was trying to be helpful. He decided our new walls needed to be scrubbed. The scrupulous viewer will notice the fresh bruises on his forehead, which resulted from a fall this morning. We learned that it's not a good idea for the beginning walker to wear socks onto a hard tile floor.

9 comments:

Andrea said...

What a cute house! I love it. Wish we lived across the street again.

Isn't it amazing how huge the "to-do" list is when you move into a new house?

kelli :) said...

NO WAY! i can't believe how well he can walk, he just left the wall like it was nobody's business, dropped his paper towel, and didn't think twice about turning around. ten months? i don't believe it. he's to stinkin cute. and sar, i LOVE the color of yellow you chose, fyi. love it love it. miss you guys! and Ryan, thanks for the update, stand-up job (:

amy said...

congrats on the new house, graduation, and most of all having the folks coming out to help get things put together!!!

heather said...

Love how much Max is walking and moving around!! And glad to see that you guys are settling into your new lives as home owners! :) Thanks for the update!

Mama Meacham said...

Dear Max, Please come visit me. I have lots of scrubbing you could do at my house :o) Give "Cruiser" a hug for me! Loves, Grandma

kelli :) said...

oh and.. i'm glad my ten month old nephew made it on "youtube" before his 20 year old aunt did. plus he's been on what, like 19 flights, been to 3 countries and like 13 states already? that's more than me! i feel like i'm on some t.v. reality show. haha.

CamilleJohnFam said...

What a darling house! It's fun isn't it? We close in a couple of weeks! I've been thinking of you guys! It looks like you are doing awesome and settling in well!

Melissa said...

How exciting! Looks like you had some great helpers - especially little Max! He is so cute! Our kids have had many a fall in socks on the tile floors! :) Please post the finished project! I'm excited to see!

ohana=)mama said...

This post is much more conforting than the last. The house looks like it took a lot of work but is fantastic. I rather love Sarah's yellow kitchen. I really miss her and wish I could come see you two soon... but alas that won't be. But I do wish!!!

I hope you two love the new place. It looks fantastic as a finished product and quite cute I have to say. Nice job guys.

Oh and Max is Soooooo stinkin adorable I just want to pick him up and hug him! What a cutie ahhhh I just love him!